Living With Christ Digital - September 2020 Digital Version
Here are the highlights of LWC september issue :
- The September issue cover features the church where Saint Lorenzo was baptized, the Binondo church. The facade of the church has Lorenzo's statue to commemorate his baptism. The outside cover provides a prayer in honor of the first Filipino saint whose feast we celebrate on September 28.
- Fr. Bernard Holzer, aa reflects on the Feast of Exaltation of the Cross. The cross, he said, is not anymore a symbol of crime or punishment but the ultimate love of God to his people.
- The liturgical calendar explains liturgical feasts and celebrations this September based on the Philippine Ordo.
- A Prayer for Each Day features beautiful prayers and sayings of saints attuned to one's daily devotion.
- This Month's Scriptures of Father James McTavish gives readers a view of Jesus' ministry both as a healer and teacher. Like Christ, Father James said we are all called to be teachers of the faith in the ordinariness of our lives.
- September 23 is the feast of Saint Padre Pio. Many Filipinos have a devotion to Saint Padre Pio because he is a great intercessor of the sick. Being sick is not only in the physical but also in the spiritual aspect. What are your petitions that you want Padre Pio to intercede for?
- SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU! - Learn the Lectio Divina by doing its basic steps: Lectio, Meditatio, Oratio, and Contemplatio. The Bible awaits you!
You may also want to read the homily of Pope Francis on page 206 about the Holy Body and Blood of Christ.